We’ve all been there! Invited to a friends new home and pondering what the heck to get as a housewarming gift! Well here are some simple tips to put together the perfect housewarming gift basket.
What to include:
1. Start with a basket. In my opinion, you can never have too many baskets! They are the perfect thing to help organize a pantry, cabinet, or even set out on the counter to hold olive oil and other regularly used spices. I love to look at Homegoods or Target when trying to find a new basket.
2. Include some things you love. I like to add a few of my favorite things that are also practical: Trader Joe’s hand soap (lets face it, you can never have too much hand soap laying around), Lavender hand lotion and some spray olive oil that I use on EVERYTHING.
3. Find a great scented candle. Who doesn’t love candles?
4. Add a fun dishtowel or other practical kitchen item. Dish towels are something I love to change out with the season. I’ve also included some fun rubber kitchen gloves!
5. A little something to keep around the house. For these baskets, I found these cute marble coasters and a great scented counter spray and dish soap combo.
6. A bottle of champagne, of course! Buying a house is a time to celebrate!
How to assemble.
Start by adding your items tallest, to shortest from back to front. Arrange items so they can all be seen, and of course labels facing forward. I sometimes add some tissue paper to get things to sit a little higher so everything can be seen.
I hope this helps you with your next house warming gift!